Monday, August 13, 2007

Rock & Roll & Roll & Roll


Big doins' at the Ahroon house. David bought his first lead guitar with his own money that he earned by being my slave for 3 months this summer. The night before he knew he was able to buy it was just like Christmas for him. He could not sleep. It was so cute. He also has a job. He's been trying to get one all summer with no success (which is why Dad had to be his bank) and finally, while I was picking up burgers at the joint down the street from us, the manager asked if David had been able to ever get a job. I told him no because he was still only 15. David had asked at least a dozen times over 3 months if he had an opening. So he told me to bring him in. So today is his first day. He is, of course dreaming of all sorts of ways to spend his newly found wealth. One sweet thing he told me. William has been saving for months to buy a new Xbox 360 Elite game system. David said that with his first paycheck he was going to give money to William. Now a cynical mother would see that as a shameless attempt to win favor in order to have unlimited use of said xBox. But I choose to see this as a little rosebud that smells soooooo sweet with love and affection.

This is a Pictorial collage of grunge, blood and gore that more or less reflects my feelings about Rock and Roll. Underneath the yuck is my sweet baby boy playing his above mentioned new guitar. Yes I know his hair is too long. Believe me, I know his hair is too long. This mother chooses her battles very carefully. And his hair isn't even in the top 5.

4 comments:

*Lyndsey said...

next time I visit, I'm going to shave his head in his sleep.

Courtney said...

Is that a scrapbooking kit or did you do that yourself?

Megan B said...

The design is very cool...if gory and demented. His hair? Ich.

Mom said...

I did it all myself in Photoshop with brushes and filters.