Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just Another Day

Today I can walk, and after spending yesterday with little hot pad plasters stuck to my knees they are feeling much better. All things being relative, they are better than they were yesterday, not as good as they were 20 years ago. I think I actually got a good 8 hours sleep last night. Imagine that. I was up and showering by 7:15. David missed his bus this morning, so Daddy took him to school. That was nice of him. Yesterday, before I even showered I got a call from David telling me that he had forgotten his medicine, so I hobbled to the school to get it to him. I sure don't want to ruin a good thing with him. He is doing SOOOO much better in school this year so far. I only wish I had had him tested years ago when I suspected he was ADD and I sure wish I had had Matt tested. I KNOW he is. Every night he is doing his homework. Which is better than last year when he NEVER did any homework. Anyway.... minutes after I got home from the school, I got a call from Matt, asking me to bring him some cold remedies and pain relievers. Poor baby, he was suffering from a snoofy nose and plugged head something awful. So I gathered together a bag of everything I had (which was a lot) and drove over to his house, which is about 1 mile away from where I had just been with David. Oi. I won't go into the details of Matt's house. Suffice it to say, that it looks like 4 young men live there. One of them just turned 21, so I expect that the piles and towers of beer cans and squished cigarette packs will only get wider and higher. I did manage to rescue the arm chair that we had given him that goes with the dining room table and chairs we had. It works much better at my computer than the chair I had been using. It is higher and seems to be less of a strain on my knees getting up and down. But just like at the other house, I have to keep shooing Supie off of the seat. She either REALLY likes Burnt Sienna Corduroy or she smells Matt (her boy) on the seat. Interesting.

Just got an email from my friend needing the wedding pictures. She needs them by tomorrow, so I need to get to work.

No comments: