Friday, August 31, 2007

Big News For William



Last night we had company. There is a new single sister in the ward that has two children who are both disabled. The little girl is 5, Amy Beth, and her son is 8 and named William. Her daughter is Autistic and William has Asperger's Syndrome. Well as if that wasn't enough similarities to make for a good friendship, but NO... there is more. William mini-me is a Star War's fanatic too. How is that for cool. They spent hours playing Star Wars video games and going back and forth to our William's room to look at the Star Wars toys. Our William asked me if he could give little William a toy that he had duplicates of. I thought that was so sweet of him. Tonight, while his momma, Gail, is home packing for a week-end trip, mini me is here once again playing with his new found friend, Maxi me. I'm about 10 feet away, on my computer and can hear some of the oddest conversations. "William, stop trying to kill me. Please stop. You have to stop, because I tend to get upset easily". "Don't kill him, we don't want to kill him, I like him." I just went in to see what they were actually doing. I find our William going all over the game set with his person (leia ?) giving a running commentary to little William on what to do with his person (Luke). Little William is on some sort of animal going in circles, over and over. The two of them look like they are completely oblivious of what the other player is doing. I could be wrong about that, what do I know. I just heard a loud. "Oh NO you DIDN'T". What a crack up. Anyway, I thought you'd like to know that William has a friend. Here are their pictures in the Austin Powers Mini Me Pose.

No comments: