Monday, August 13, 2007

I Should Have Known Better...




You know those moments when you just knew you shouldn't be patting yourself on the back for being in control of things. You just know that the morning of Prom you are going to wake up with either Chicken Pox or zits, or the day you are given the City's Best Parent Award is the day you child gets picked up for shoplifting.  Well I was sitting here feeling all warm and fuzzy with visions of peace, love and harmony in our home flitting through the lamb filled green pastures of my mind. After all, didn't I just relate David's plans for his first paycheck. Didn't I just beam at the thought that David would share his bounty with his older brother who has waited for months to have enough money to get the toy of his dreams. Yes!! The tide is turning. The stars are aligning and there will be love in this home..... Just as I am basking in this warm light, my darling eldest son calls me into his inner sanctum to show me the latest footage of his ongoing feature cartoon, "The MacAhroon's"  Above are the pictures.  They are rather self explanatory.  


I think I will go lay down now.   I am undecided as to whether I will laugh or cry.  I really should have known better.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

He certainly has a very distinctive style doesn't he?

Courtney said...

and why does William think that David has a mullet?

Megan B said...

Kind of funny though :)

Mom said...

In William's world, everyone has a mullet. But that person is Matt, not David.

*Lyndsey said...

awe, poor guy. I had to calm him down while I was there...poor guy was perched on the edge of hysteria because he did some "research" on lung cancer, and got upset over matthew all over again. This is a never-ending battle.

*Lyndsey said...

and why does Dad have black hair? what little hair he has, is VERY very blond....

Heather B said...

I CANNOT TELL YOU how much of that distinctive style I saw last summer in my family room :) I think he gave each of my children a mullet too. Except the girls all had high ponies :) And all babies suck binkies :) Is William going to have his own blog so he can periodically reveal his latest work?

Mom said...

He already has his own blog. I set it up weeks ago. I just haven't done anything with it yet. I can barely keep mine current. I don't know how I would monitor his as well.