Sunday, December 23, 2007

That Time of the Year



Well of course everything is going to breakdown at Christmas time. What better way to SPEND the Yule Tide than to spend massive amounts of money repairing and replacing things around the house. Like having to replace the furnace and air conditioner. Then having a crack in the pipe of the main water line into the house and digging a hole in the front yard. My oven has been broken for months and it's been getting more and more difficult to make meals so we are going to need to replace it soon too. And of course your father's car has broken down with what is an expensive repair. So even though we have successfully kept the Grinch at bay so far this year, it is getting harder and harder to keep a smile on our faces with all this crashing down on us right now. But we have a nice Christmas tree and presents under it and your father is on vacation for 3 1/2 weeks. A first for him. But I think he is enjoying it. We go out to breakfast a lot and I'm loving that. Lyndsey and Casey are here for the holidays and I'm glad for that. I wish I had some grandbabies here to cuddle and love on for the holidays. Maybe next year. I have lovely grandpuppies. They are sweet, but somehow not quite the same.

Here are pictures of a Platter I had made that didn't turn out quite how we would have liked. I love the picture and everything about it except the crack down the center. She did a wonderful job on the painting of it. But it cracked in the kiln. She didn't charge me for it because of the crack, so we will try again next year. And maybe I'll spell Matthew's name right the next time.

4 comments:

Megan B said...

I like the platter. I hope you Santa brings you a new oven :) Such a long vacation?? Hmmm... Justin took most of last November and December off. It was..."interesting". Then started tax season, so it was the reverse! I was satiated for a while though, ha ha ha!

Heather B said...

LOVE the platter!

Courtney said...

I love it!

Kira =] said...

I wondered if I was the only one to notice Matt's name. But I wasn't going to mention it. =]